1. Welcome to Degree-Gaming!
    Get full access to our forums which includes clan applications, reports and much more by signing up. You can sign in with your Steam account or through regular registration.

Application Accepted Vega (curse)'s admin application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Vega (Curse), Sep 11, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Vega (Curse)

Vega (Curse)
    Approved Admin

Student/Aspiring Game Dev
    Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Personal Information

What is your age?

Application

Do you have a working microphone?
    Yes

At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?
    Around 8 to 11 pm EST during the week, 12pm to 12am weekends

Roughly how many hours a week do you play on our servers?
    20-31 hours a week, depending on how busy I am

Which Degree-Gaming servers do you usually play on and what time?
    I usually get on the Vegas VSH server, though every now and then I get on Jailbreak or Murder Mystery.

Did anyone refer you to this application?
    Jim and Vital

If you could change anything about Degree-Gaming, what would it be?
    Maybe ease the flow of information. It's confusing for some people not in the loop to find out changes to rules or what happened in certain updates. It might be worth it to put a News tab on the main page of the Degree-Gaming website

Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?
    No, as I wasn't really a part of any online communities prior to discovering Degree.

How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator will affect the community?
    I think I could fill the gap for having admins on more often. I'm very active on the server, and because my timezone is 3 hours ahead of most of the player base I can more easily balance my schoolwork and still be there to watch over people as players get on.

How would you improve the community/servers overall?
    I think I could bring more positivity to the table. I try to be a positive and supportive influence on people around me, which I believe is especially important for many of the minors in the community and on the server as they need the most support.

Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?
    No

How have you supported the community so far?
    Thus far I've informed people of rules, commands, and tips for the server as things pop up, I donated once to the server, and I've both helped people report rulebreakers and have reported one myself.

Why should we accept you into the team?
    Overall, I think I could be a positive influence here. I've already shown myself to be good at keeping up with rules and helping enforce them, and I'm on often so I could be a good boost to ensuring gameplay remains fair and unhindered by rulebreakers.

Is there anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?
    I'm a freshman Computer Engineering major, and I have a lot of interest in game development and cybersecurity. I can code in C#, make 3D models via Blender, and am trying to learn other C based languages and COBAL (which I realize is ancient, but why not learn). I'm also learning how to use Hammer.

I accept the following:

To be accepted into the admin team I will never abuse or misuse my given permissions to give myself an advantage in game play or to upset others. I understand that I must be trained fully by a management member and first must pass a one-on-one interview on Discord. I also verify that my age and other information that I provide are truthful and if any are to be proven false then I risk having my application declined with no chance of re-applying in the future.

Yes

• +1 Admin Application +1 Admin Application x 3
    • List
  2. DG BOT

DG BOT
    Bot

Post threads and never respond
    Ratings:
    +123 / -4
    Statistics of Applicant:
    Has joined a DG server [Yes]
    • Total gameplay in servers: 2 wk, 6 d, 15 hr, 12 min
    • Average session length 26 min
    • Last connected Wednesday 12th Sep
    • Most commonly on Degree-Gaming.com #56 | Saxton Hale | FREE VIP! | Vegas
    • Joined DG servers 1,145 times
    Has no current active ban, gag or mute [Yes]
    Has clean ban record within 2 months [Yes]
    Has clean gag/mute record within 2 months [Yes]
    Has posted in our forums before (excluding administration) [Yes]

Please make sure you join our discord, the link for it is: https://discord.gg/3bS8Mwc
    Please note that these statistics are only meant to assist management for a general overview and does not fully reflect the true nature of the applicant nor is meant to be taken as a final descsion making post. Consider it as a small guide or summary. This system is automated. DG members and staff are still a major key factor in terms of clan acceptance, please get to know them so they can provide you with feedback. Please do not beg for plus ones but you may ask members to provide honest feedback once you got to know them. An application will go into review if it receives five or more plus ones where management will decide if that player will be promoted to have clan membership.

3. Jim

Jim
    TF2 Admin

Ratings:
    +12 / -1
    Big +1 from me. Vega has been around the servers for quite a bit and is always in a good mood whenever they're on. Vega is also very responsible and has helped report people that cause trouble and does so in a calm and collective manner. Vega can also take jokes and is mature when the time comes to be mature. Vega would be a great and huge addition to the team.

4. Dean Gullberry ツ

Dean Gullberry ツ
    TF2 Admin

Ratings:
    +45 / -1
    Definitely a +1, Vega has been playing in our servers for a long time even when not a member. vega tells ppl the rules and enforces them about it. she's fun to play with and (probably) respected within the servers. Vega is a great addition for me!

5. Midnight

Midnight
    TF2 Admin

Degree Gaming Admin
    Ratings:
    +59 / -1
    Definitive +1
    Vega would make an absolutely amazing admin, Fun to play with, active, Friendly to everyone, well liked. Among a few other things.

6. Mannbots

Mannbots
    TF2 Admin

Student
    Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    Yep, definite +1 from me. Jim, Dean, and Midnight have already stated the main points :)

7. Afzal

Afzal
    Management
    Contributor  

Student
    Ratings:
    +74 / -0
    This application is already starting to get a lot of +1's in its first week. I, for one, would love to see Vage join the team. She's very active on VSH and enfores the rules periodically, which is what we require our admins to become.
    Due the application's popularity, I'll be moving it to In Review (unless a Senior Management member pardons that).

8. Rare

Rare
    Management +
    Shop Staff   Coder  

IFS Technical Consultant
    Ratings:
    +267 / -0
    I am happy with accepting this.
    Please come speak to me and/or Vital for further information and basic training.