1. Welcome to Degree-Gaming!
    Get full access to our forums which includes clan applications, reports and much more by signing up. You can sign in with your Steam account or through regular registration.

Possible to make a career out of gaming?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PedroBenz, Aug 2, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. PedroBenz

PedroBenz
    Registered

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    One of my dreams is finding a way to make money while doing what I love which as you can guess is gaming. Why else would I be on a gaming forum? Does anyone have any tips to achieve this goal. I know there are sites out there like http://bfreborn.com/ that can help but other than that I have been stumped. Any advice would be great!

2. Mannbots

Mannbots
    TF2 Admin

Student
    Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    Alright so the thing is man a a majority of people who play games would love to make money doing it, but in reality, gaming is a just a hobby (for many people). I would say gaming is like sports in terms of career, very few will make it big out of the whole population of gamers/sports players. Now I'm not discouraging you from pursuing your dream because if you make it big (like all the popular pro players etc) then that's amazing! If you are really passionate about making this a career option, you gotta put yourself out there. Most of the pro players have recognizable talent that they just have lol. Now if you're a godly player like shroud for example, then I'm sure you'll do well. But if not, keep working at it and apply to tournaments, stream on twitch etc. Good luck to you man.

3. Rare

Rare
    Management +
    Shop Staff   Coder  

IFS Technical Consultant
    Ratings:
    +267 / -0
    Short and sweet is, take opportunity and not passion.
    If an opportunity come up for, say a game developer, sure by all means take it but don't expect it and I'd imagine you would be against a lot of people applying for the same job.
    Have a look at this, it's worth a look into if you're currently trying to figure out an industry to have a career in.
    [​IMG]