1. Welcome to Degree-Gaming!
    Get full access to our forums which includes clan applications, reports and much more by signing up. You can sign in with your Steam account or through regular registration.

Plague doctor (vsh) review

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Box, Aug 8, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Box

Box
    Registered

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Overview:
    Plague Doctor, for a few days its been taking spotlight among the other bosses from its passive ability that people have mistake taking advantage of. With a new addition to Bosses having minions, using rage to empower them, people are quickly taking action on seeing how he works. Many Bosses comes with Pro's and Con's so don't expect an easy time with this boss especially.

Warning - Warning: Do not think i'm a master at taking notes and a person who's extensively researched this topic, If the Coders and/or Developers have any problem with my knowledge, please contact me (Via. This comment section). I will gladly try to contact back and make corrections if needed.

Developers and/or Coders can skip this part and go to the bottom on how to fix some issues.

Zombie Resurrection:
    Killing an individual as Plague Doctor or Zombie, the player eliminated will be transferred to your side, becoming a scout with an Unarmed Combat (Stock Bat Reskin).

Pro's:

1. 200 Base Health (300 when Plague Doctor uses its rage).
    2. Very Fast melee speed, being an alternative to the average burst damage it deals.
    3. Killing any other player will turn them to your side, whether the Plague Doctor is alive or not.
    4. Respawning after each death. (No Respawns when Plague Doctor, is guaranteed dead).
    5. Enabled Climbing walls when hitting one, fast speed at climbing.
    6. Being Blue (My Favorite Color). (Joke)
    7. Respawning at any moment (To Counteract Gold VIP(+) Users)
    Con's:
    1. Shared Health with Boss (This means, any damage you've taken, the boss also takes it to).
    2. Double Jump Disabled.
    3. 100% chance EVERYONE will buy Homing Projectiles and Murder you and your friends. (Joke)
    4. No Random Crits. (Joke)
    5. Small Amount of damage on each swing

Rage: Zombie Empowerment and Substantial Resistance to Knockback (Warning, Still in Progress as I'm still researching it)

Plague Doctor's Rage empowers their zombies to a state of ULTIMATE NUT POWER in which they get 100+ more health (300 health in total) and buffs knockback resistance to the boss, letting them take damage but get no knockback out of it, IT DOES NOT STUN PLAYERS NOR SENTRIES.

Plague Doctor having the ability to NUT and buff their zombies is very situational and often be the downside to the Plague Doctor they don't communicate with their zombies.

Fixing some Issues (Developers and/or Coders can read if they aren't interested on the rest)
    1. (Zombies) (Optional) You can have different variety zombies using unique abilities to give the Plague Doctor the edge in combat.
    2. (Zombies) (Recommended) Reduce Health of zombies as they're sometimes hard to counter, one crit melee cannot kill them quickly so around 170-195 in their health pool is great, to give classes a fighting chance to counter the zombies.
    3. (Plague Doctor) (Optional) Having the Plague Doctor consume its own minions to regenerate or buff him in a way, as the Plague Doctor has times when zombies would either kill themselves or are afk, and its infuriating to go against.
    4. (Models) You don't really need to go in depth into models and skins for Plague Doctor and the Zombies, you can just use the default TF2 Zombie skins that they already have and Plague Doctor can be your choice, as I do not have any ideas and want to give the Coders an easy time instead of stressing them out.

My Opinions and Testings:
    Plague Doctor is a good addition to the VSH gamemode as it does but I hope you don't go for an FF2 approach in which my whole life expectancy is just looking at a loading screen to download Hatsune Miku Boss Models and Waifu Body Pillow to be purchased out of my Credit Card. VSH is taking a good approach on fixing its dynamic. Some would disagree or torch me onto a stake for making this statement but I would like to thank the people who are working on this gamemode and if I did bother some people I would like to send my apologies on my behalf.

I hope you have fun and stay on this community!

2. Vital

Vital
    Management +
    Psychopath  

Computer Information Technology & Encryption
    Ratings:
    +188 / -1
    our vsh will never have more then 10 bosses whether we rotate some in and out is yet to be decided. i have a lot of really kool and fun ideas to add and we have a test server that we test secret bosses in, the new thing about vsh is that even if we did make some really nice custom bosses you will not have to download anything but a model everything is now in a sp file which means it loads server side for all users which reduce the download time and gives players way more time to fight.

i am really glad you like the new changes and i hope to see you playing more so that you can be apart of any new bosses we add.

also i will be making a community made boss where you guys get to decide on what he does.

3. Box

Box
    Registered

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Thank you for making the bosses for the VSH as it does have difference in variety than FF2, and without needing to download models, it puts less hassle on just sitting and watching as packages download every 2 hours. Thank you for the reply to the suggestion Vital :D