1. Welcome to Degree-Gaming!
    Get full access to our forums which includes clan applications, reports and much more by signing up. You can sign in with your Steam account or through regular registration.

Rules for jailbreak (suggestions)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Revanent, Jan 1, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Revanent

Revanent
    Registered

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    The rules for jailbreak seem to be one of the biggest mysteries in degree, every member has their own idea of the rules. Now me, I have asked Vital many times about different rules so I have a good understanding of what the rules are, and as no one has bothered or even shown interest in writing them, I thought I would. One thing I would like to state is this could be very wrong and I will be suggesting things to be put in the jailbreak rules.

General Rules:
    Killing people with any means that use the map in an unfair way is bannable such as killing people with the bridge. There is a specific method to get ammo for your secondary which includes, Sticky bomb launchers, smgs, and bonk which red can take advantage of. it is a bannable offense. You cannot ghost at any circumstance unless a person is delaying that round to be over. Which means that if there's one last red alive and is not continuously rebelling, which means they are delaying so you can ghost on them. Basically delaying of the round, which players intentionally make the round to keep going, which makes it longer. Which means if its last guard kills all, and that guard is not constantly killing reds it is delaying. If players are delaying you can ghost.

Freekilling:
    This is one that has been broken many times by countless people so its common knowledge that its bannable no matter what you do, now if you do freekill by accident then you can slay yourself to void the ban, again only if it was accidental not forced.

Freehitting:

Now this is one that has no punishment so people will abuse this I think it should warrant a kick or a small ban no escaping this one.
    All the ways a guard can freehit: Hitting a red with a projectile, throwing [Mad Milk, Jarate, or Gas Passer], Pushing or just hitting a red (Airblasting counts as pushing).

Baiting:
    This is when a guard baits a red, the warden cannot bait reds, depending on the current wardens orders reds may chase baiters. A red may not force baiting, force baiting is when a red walks up to a guard and then hits then claiming they were baiting.
    REDS CAN ALWAYS HIT BAITERS
    All the ways a guard can bait: Scoping as Sniper, Revving as Heavy, Standing too close or on top of a red.

Guards:
    A guard is a blue that has not been chosen to be a warden their job is to kill any reds that have rebelled the vents and armory door are both considered armory so they are kos also you must have a working microphone and is willing to go warden. If you cant follow these, get off blu. Must never open cells before warden finishes order, If you unwarden, it is not willing to go warden.Last guard kills all, is when a last guard is alive and is not a warden. You must be active to find reds and killing them, if not your allies on blu can ghost. This does not apply to, Freedays for all, and First round freeday. Teamkilling is when you intentionally or accidentally kill your allies on blu and this is a bannable offense.

Warden:
    The warden will be chosen at random at the start of the round (!w is not allowed unless the warden dies) the warden will then give out orders for the reds to do, the reds must follow these orders or they are rebels. the wardens end goal is to have every red dead and give the last red that is not a rebel LR, if the last red is a rebel no lr is given out on that day. Favortism is when the warden orbits around one red it also applies for last guard kills all and more. Favortism is when a blu gives a special advantage to one red, which means if players not doing whatever they are supposed to do that one player will get an advantage from other reds. !wff is used to turn on friendly fire this is never allowed as you can not force any games where the reds would try to kill each other.

The Type of days:
    Normal Days: The warden gives orders, last non rebeling red gets lr.
    Wardays: Both teams fight to the death, no lr is given.
    Freedays: Reds may do whatever they like except go in armory or get lr.

LR:
    The last remaining red that has not rebeled is given lr.
    Glitch lr is when a red is given lr from a blue dying this should warrant a ban if the red picks a lr.
    Freeday for yourself: You are given freeday next round, it is a normal day for everyone except you.
    Freeday for others: You can pick three people for Freeday Next round, it is a normal day except for those three, also you cannot get ammo unless you rebel first which means you have to hit a blu. If you get ammo while your freeday is active it is called Freeday abusing.
    Freeday for all: It is a Freeday for everyone
    Spontaneously Combust: Doesn't work.
    Guards Melee Only Round: It is a normal day except guards only have melee, warden may use his weapons.
    HHH Axe for all: It is a warday.
    Rapid Rockets Day: It is a warday.
    Chernobyl: It is a warday.
    Hide and seek: All reds will hide and guards will try to find and kill the reds, last red gets lr.
    Hunger Games: All reds will have a deathmatch no orders can be given unless they relate to the day ammo is allowed, lr is given to the last red.
    Vote on activity next round: Reds will vote on what they want to do for the day, last red gets lr.
    Bitch Slap: It is a normal day, at the start of the round all reds are bitch slapped.
    Rebel: Next round all reds kill the guards and warden. (Broken ATM)
    Walking Timebombs: Everyone explodes.
    MeeM: Broken lr.
    Ants!: It is a freeday.
    Man to Man Fight: Broken lr.
    Parkour Day: everyone gets a tribalmans shiv that bounces you up, it is a freeday.
    Blue to massacre all: Broken lr.
    Sexy Saxxy: Normal day except everyone gets a saxxy.
    Run and gun: It is a warday.
    Wrench-o-Death: It is a warday.
    Bling it up: It is a warday.
    Army of snipers: It is a warday.
    Dalek: all guards get a Cow mangler and Righteous bison, it is a normal day.
    Backstabber!: It is a normal day except all reds get a knife.

Gold VIPS:
    Gold vips on jailbreak have a few special things they can do that normal players can't a lot of people don't know the rules of a gold vip so here they are.
    !revive: the warden must rename revives to reds and restate every order to the revives if they are not renamed they are freedays.
    Spy as a guard: As a spy you cannot cloak or disguise, you also cannot use the Your Eternal Reward or reskins, you also cannot use the dead ringer.
    Spy as a red: the only rule is you cannot disguise, so that means you still cannot use the Your Eternal Reward or reskins.

• Awesome Awesome x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Intelligent Intelligent x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Revanent

Revanent
    Registered

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I have no idea what the rebel lr does i will edit it once i confirm what it does.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Intelligent Intelligent x 1
    • List
  3. Afzal

Afzal
    Clan Admin

Student
    Ratings:
    +44 / -0
    I would suggest this to be punished as a warning, and if they continue to do it, a simple slay and/or kick would be plausible

When writing down suggestions to update the Code of Conduct, is best not to have a long list because it adds unnecessary length to the Code of Conduct, and I think the situation depends heavily on context and an admin's intuition.

4. Revanent

Revanent
    Registered

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I do understand, the thing with jailbreak is their is so much to enforce as a clan member it gets hard telling someone one thing and another clan member telling others another thing. the reason i made this is to clear up some things clan members mix up.

5. Grandpa Hoovy™

Grandpa Hoovy™
    Clan Admin

Social outcast
    Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Heres what I know and want to add to your information.

Not really, Hunger games, Run and gun, wrench o death is where only the red teams fight and fight for lr and blu teams have to stay inside armory. The last one standing gets lr.
    Blu - Must have a working microphone and is willing to go warden. If you cant follow these, get off blu. Must never open cells before warden finishes order, If you unwarden, it is not willing to go warden.
    Teamkilling which you intentionally or accidentally kill your allies on blu and is a bannable offense.
    Ghosting - You cannot ghost at any circumstance unless a person is delaying that round to be over. Which means that if there's one last red alive and is not continuously rebelling, which means they are delaying so you can ghost on them.
    Last guard kills all, is when a last blu is alive and is not a warden. You must be active to find reds and killing them, if not your allies on blu and ghost. This does not apply to, Freedays for all, and First round freeday.
    Freeday for others - You cannot get ammo unless you rebel first which means you have to hit a blu. If you get ammo while your freeday is active it is called Freeday abusing.
    Glitching ammo - There is a specific method to get ammo for your secondary which includes, Sticky bomb launchers, smgs, and bonk which red can take advantage of. it is a bannable offense.
    Favortism doesn't apply only for warden it applies for last guard kills all and more. Favortism is when a blu gives a special advantage to one red, which means if players not doing whatever they are supposed to do that one player will get an advantage from other reds.
    Delaying - Basically delaying of the round, which players intentionally make the round to keep going, which makes it longer. Which means if its last guard kills all, and that guard is not constantly killing reds it is delaying. If players are delaying you can ghost.

6. PyroSpeck

PyroSpeck
    Registered

Ratings:
    +5 / -15
    I Think you should state how some games are banned (for etc : cell wars)
    and that you cant escape in ba_chretien_v1c

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. sturgessweb

sturgessweb
    Management +
    Coder  

Ratings:
    +106 / -0
    Below is the current JB section from the code of conduct, with a few ammends from the above in bold:
    Severe misconduct
    • Freekilling
    • Using glitched ammo/disguises
    • No microphone as warden
    General misconduct
    • Intentional freehitting (pushing, damaging or otherwise causing a status effect on a red)
    • Opening the cells before warden has finished orders
    • Turning on warden friendly fire
    • Interferring with minigame operation as BLU
    • No/Exceptionally poor quality microphone on BLU
    • Repeated unwardening
    • Ghosting
    • Giving some reds a large advantage to winning a Last Request (Favouritism)
    • Continuous failure to give or respect Last Requests
    Special Notes
    • Last guard kills all does not apply to the warden
    • Last requests must be given, Death requests are optional
    • Games where reds that die are not chosen by luck or skill are banned. Some examples are: "Pokemon", "Gladiators" and "Cell wars"
    • No weapons are banned (bonk and stickies must not be spammed)
    • Note the "Excessive delaying of rounds" from the general guide - this also applies to jailbreak, including but not limted to: camping armoury/arena/mario kart, refusing to kill reds as last guard

In addition to the small tweaks above, I'd make the following comments
    • A lot of the original suggestion could be in the form of a jailbreak "guide" - this could be linked from the code of conduct
    • Baiting is really hard to define - a sniper, scoped in, in a sniper position far away from the action probably isn't baiting - I feel this needs a better definition
    • I have some personal (and potentially controversial) opinions about some of these items:
      • A reviving gold VIP should default to following orders without further input from the warden. IMHO, the warden should only need to address respawners specifically if he does not want them to follow the last orders he gave to reds in general. I think that the whole "rename" dance is unneccessary and adds unneeded complication to playing warden.
      • Spies on blu can cloak and disguise, as long as they are not using them to break other rules.
      • A small amount of favouritism is fine - allowing a friend to skip a game here and there. As long as at some point, there's a fair face off between the favourited and others for LR, it's good.
    WDYT?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  8. sturgessweb

sturgessweb
    Management +
    Coder  

Ratings:
    +106 / -0
    Well this got no reaction other than the couple of positive votes, so I today ammended the code of conduct as above.
    Given Rev is now AFK, if any-one else would like to make a guide and put it in http://forums.degree-gaming.com/forums/guides.81/ based on the above, then I'll ask the community to vote on it. Should the vote come out in favour of the guide, it will be linked from the Code of Conduct.