1. Welcome to Degree-Gaming!
    Get full access to our forums which includes clan applications, reports and much more by signing up. You can sign in with your Steam account or through regular registration.

Banning the yeti smash taunt/restrictions on it

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Kaiser Willhelm II, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Kaiser Willhelm II

Kaiser Willhelm II
    Registered

High School Student
    Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    So basically the Jungle Inferno taunt "Yeti Smash" is a high quality one, it spawns in a high quality model with a nice snowy effect and plays a roar while going through a nice animation. The process itself spawns in the model then stretches the player to hide inside it but reverts them to normal when forced to cancel, but it ONLY does that. Nothing else. This can easily be abused to lag out players as well as the server. I will admit I would do this on a Valve Server but I feel like here should be a little more protected because I doubt they'll ever make a fix.

A video I made showing an example as well as explaining it: Fixed:

Be careful with volume, I tend to shout. Also the aspect ratio broke itself and I didn't want to deal with it. I wanted to make it quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:03 PM
  2. Astronaut Magnet

Astronaut Magnet
    Clan Member

Attracting Astronauts
    Ratings:
    +12 / -2
    This exploit is just for fun doesnt effect the game at all the only reason id see this being bad is if the player was denying crits. This also doesnt cause much lag as seen from this video i see no problem with this exploit.

3. Kaiser Willhelm II

Kaiser Willhelm II
    Registered

High School Student
    Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    It actually creates a lot of lag and noise too. It might as well be micspam, it's loud as hell and could be heard almost anywhere. I don't know what it could do in Jailbreak but in VSH it is extremely annoying.

4. Afzal

Afzal
    Clan Admin

Student
    Ratings:
    +41 / -0
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this glitch/exploit can only be activated on maps that have moving objects on them. Until Value patches this, this can relate to the Code of Conduct as General Exploiting or General Trolling.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:22 AM
  5. Revanent

Revanent
    Clan Member

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    as this could be considered annoying, but it shouldn't be banned as is is just is a fun thing you can do. their is no real reason to ban this taunt.

6. PyroSpeck

PyroSpeck
    Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / -1
    This lags alot of people especially those with a bad pc/laptop, i dont think it should be banned, the simple solution to this is to add a 3-8 second restriction.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • List
  7. -mgh-

-mgh-
    Clan Member

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    what exactly do you mean here? are you saying there should be a delay between activating the taunt? because if so, im almost 99% sure thats not possible.
    overall i do agree that this shouldn't be banned, im running a toaster pc and ive seen people do this multiple times and had little to no lag, but i do agree the noise can be a bit annoying , so if anything i think a warning then a kick should be acted on for the repeated spam of this emote.

8. Kaiser Willhelm II

Kaiser Willhelm II
    Registered

High School Student
    Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    This is just a clarifying question: Do you guys think I'm talking about only 1 instance of the taunt?

I mean spamming it on a moving object, not over and over with the cooldown.

9. Revanent

Revanent
    Clan Member

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    with what @-mgh- said if you cant handle it, turn down your quality settings, if the sound is too loud turn it down.

10. Kaiser Willhelm II

Kaiser Willhelm II
    Registered

High School Student
    Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Then you lose the really helpful audio queues Hale says and people could have texture quality really far down already.

11. Revanent

Revanent
    Clan Member

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    This bug has been around before jungle inferno, so i see no reason to ban it and the audio shouldnt be too much of a problem as its quite easy to tell when hale rages, also @-mgh- has a fairly bad computer and still dosent have a problem with this.

12. -mgh-

-mgh-
    Clan Member

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    I have around 15-20 frames, with constant freezes, and i have no fbs drop with this bug.

(lowest settings, tf2mate max frame config and best preference settings on computer.)